Saturday, January 1, 2011

Perfect Pumpkin Bread

     I wanted to create a yummy holiday treat to share with my neighbors so, I pulled out the trusty pumpkin bread recipe.  And while this really is a tasty pumpkin bread, I decided it needed a little more "ooomph" for the holidays.  On a whim, I replaced all the liquid called for in the recipe with fresh orange juice and threw in a few handfuls of chocolate chips and toasted pecans.  Still thinking it needed a bit more tweaking, I topped each loaf with a scrumptious streusel topping.  Finally, going for broke, I drizzled a sweet vanilla glaze over each baked loaf and Voila! the perfect gift to share with the neighbors.
     My sweet kids filled a basket with the packaged loaves and went door-to-door sharing the home-baked goodness with our friends. Evidently, one of my neighbors especially enjoyed the bread --  she called me almost immediately to see if she might order a dozen loaves of the bread to give as holiday gifts.  So after baking a combined two dozen loaves of this amazing bread, I can assure you no candle or home fragrance spray can match the warm and spicy, comforting scent of Perfect Pumpkin Bread!  It's perfect for breakfast, snacking, with coffee, snacking, simple dessert, snacking...

No comments:

Post a Comment